Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2013 22:00

Help with Alien Respawn

Hello I need some information I have an x51 i had some issues with it awhile back and had to completely wipe everything off the hard drive operating system and everything meaning all recovery was lost, after getting everything re installed and back in working order i installed alien respawn now after it created a recovery partition and all that it was unable to find it, I eventually deleted those partitions and attempted to reinstall alien respawn but now it tells me that "alien respawn cannot be installed because your hard drive does not have the Windows Recovery Environment" I am lost as to what i need do to now and could really use some help here

September 15th, 2013 10:00

Hi MSLOAS2013, did you created the recovery partition during the installation of the OS or after it?

3 Posts

September 15th, 2013 15:00

Well I had called Alienware support to help me fix a couple issues and we eventually had to just do a full format and the guy I had talked to had me delete everything that was on the hard drive so I ended up having no factory recovery partition once we got the operating system reinstall and all the drivers installed again then they had me download alienrespawn install it and let it create a recovery partition then and it was never able to find it but now windows recovery environment got deleted off of my computer and now I can't even install alienrespawn again

No Events found!