Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 21st, 2015 19:00

Installed windows 8.1, Turbo Boost i7 caused whea uncorrectable error

Hi so i had to do a system restart because of a annoying automatic repair that happened because a bluescreen during log in.

Now i have installed windows 8.1 after restarting during first launch i got a blue screen then during second launch it work fine. during installation of my drivers from dells site i got a blue screen.... But manage to installed all of the drivers from dell... Got blue screen again but installed windows update nand after that it run for 1hr.

Then true *** began when blue screen whea uncorrectable error came up but this time during booting. it was so bad that even during automatic repair mode, if i tried a repair, or any option in there blue screen come, then after blue screen goes hardcore and doesn even want me to load anything or get automatic repair mode. I tried reinstalling windows butttt blue screen comes up before i had a chance to do anything.

After alot of searching i found someone on a forum mentioning of the overclock that can do this. I decided to restaur my bio to put everything back to default, Everything work fine and i because the over clock is off....

So my question is Why is my Turbo Boost with a factory overclock that i paid for ...not done on my own is causing my system to fail? The overclock never did that before i got my first problem before i restart. 

Since it was something i paid for is there i would like to fix this error. i have a i7 4960X that dell overclock for me to 4.3hgz. Is there a reason ? is there a way to fix that ?

Also my other question is if i id a restaur to default on my BIOS, what shut off that i must put back on again? I know the overclock is off the the setting are still there but thats all i know. Also i did do a restaure before installling windows a again so if something was not on please let me know.

• 

2.7K Posts

May 22nd, 2015 16:00

In order to help you in the most accurate way could you please provide me the information of the blue screen like the error code and the driver that is causing the system to fail?

Which revision of the Alienware do you have?

31 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 22:00

Hi Milena,

Thanks for the response. The Blue Screen  code is (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

Alienware Aurora R4

BIOS Version: A11

6 cores   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60GHz     (factory overclock to 4.3ghz)

16gb Ram (1600 MHz)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

• 

2.7K Posts

May 28th, 2015 18:00

Yes definitely that bluescreen is related to the overclocking of the processor, could you please send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can check your case further? 

No Events found!