Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2012 10:00

Insurance Purposes Value and Warranty

I think this will be one for Chris / Bill or one of the AW boys, but I figured I'd post it public as it maybe of value to someone else. 

I can't find laptop insurance for my M18x all in, but I can find insurance for the cost of the laptop - (minus) warranty/accidental damage cost. 

Supposing my laptop is stolen/lost, and I claim on my insurance to get a replacement - warranty, can I move my warranty over to the new machine since the old machine is gone? 

I'm guessing the answer is no, because it makes sense but it maybe the only way I can insure my machine.

Dell really needs to add a loss/theft insurance for these expensive machines. I mean its got the warranty, its got accidental damage why not loss and theft ? 

85 Posts

June 8th, 2012 11:00

If they can do it for a replacement im sure they can do it

1.2K Posts

June 8th, 2012 12:00

well insurance usually replaces the value paid.. atleast my contents insurance does and my desktop is insured for what its worth... minus deductable..... so when i warrantied it i gave them the total spent on it finaly price after taxes  warranty ect... and a copy of the bill,  so in replacing you can get the same system warranty ect.... ofcourse less deductable  my case is only ZERO bucks lol....

No Events found!