Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2013 18:00

Intel Haswell graphics driver

Where can I find the right graphics  driver for my new  alienware 17. I Can install the nvidia drivers but not the intel. Any help? 

2 Intern

• 

280 Posts

August 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hi aloenware17issues,

You can download the Drivers for your Alienware 17 by clicking on this link : http://dell.to/18NmI2D

Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. You will find the video driver under 'Video'. To install the Intel Driver you first need to uninstall the Nvidia Driver and then Install the Intel Driver on the computer. After you have installed the Intel Driver, re-install the Nvidia Driver back as the reason is that the Intel Driver will only install once the Nvidia Driver has been uninstalled.
Hope this helps

August 23rd, 2013 19:00

Thanks for your response but ive tried this. Im sending it back and getting the 14. 

2 Intern

• 

280 Posts

August 26th, 2013 10:00

Hi alienware17issues,

You are welcome!

If you have any other queries or require any kind of help, please feel free to reply here and we will be more than happy to help you out.

August 26th, 2013 21:00

Hello! 1st off this is real. Im not very experienced with computers.  I just google "how to" and try to learn.

I hope one of you can help me. I have contacted tech support, they insist on me sending it in, but theres got to be a way to fix this.

WARNING! May be a little long of post. Here it goes (crossing fingers).

I have the 256gb mSats boot with 7750gb hd with windows home premium.  I 1st installed win8 on it and I had both OS on it and working fine. Then I didnt want win8 so I tried deleting it. Well then win8 OS was not fully deleted and it said that it needed to be repaired.   So I just left it alone because win7 worked fine.

Well I ended up taking the 750gb hd out and installing 2 ssd in raid 0 and did a fresh install of win8 & win7. Everything worked great, until I didnt know what I was doing and took both ssd out of raid 0 and now nothing works. I cant even get the win7 disc to eject. I thought all OS was installed on mSata? So I took out all ssd and mSata out and put a fresh new ssd in primary spot. Turned on computer and I get nothing.  it keeps repeating the boot up screen where I can choose f12 or f2 for set up or boot up. Ive tried boot up from dvd and get nothing. I dont have a recovery spot to load up. I didnt back up anything. ( I feel like a complete <ADMIN NOTE: profanity removed as per terms of use>

Is there a way to get my win7 disc to eject? Everything is hooked up inside. 

There has to a way to fix this? Idk what to do other than send the Laptop in for who knows how long. Or I could exchange it. Why cant I take out the mSata boot drive and put fresh ssd and install win7 again?  Is my only option to send it in?  

Thanks to all who can help!

Mike

No Events found!