Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2017 11:00

Killer Network Manager Memory Leak Suspected

This post is for the benefit of all Alienware owners who have Killer network cards installed including both Ethernet and wireless.  I believe that with the Fall Creators Windows 10 Update, a problem has emerged with the Killer Network Manager software/drivers causing a memory leak.  When i checked out the Dell Support Drivers page no new driver/fix was listed.   I then checked out the KillerNetworking site and they provided a November update for the Killer Network software.  This fixed my memory leak problem.  The KillerNetworking site also mentioned that the Killer Network Manager software was not working with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and was no longer supported.  The new software they provided is renamed Killer Control Center as a replacement.  Hence I had to download the new software, uninstall the old Killer Manager software and install the new Killer Control Center software and then everything appears to be working fine with no more memory leaks.   I was thinking that Dell should be providing us all with this update/software in their support section as it took me 2 frustrating days to figure out this solution out of my own.  The memory leak problem was slowly consuming all my 32GB of my RAM on my Area 51 R2 until my system locked up.   

276 Posts

November 29th, 2017 14:00

Thanks for the heads up, that may save a lot of hassle.

Agree about Dell support should be onto this, but quite frankly, even their automated update notification system doesn't work for me, so I'd never know about any update (should there ever be one) unless I check manually or follow this forum.

November 30th, 2017 12:00

This advice is correct. The Killer Control Center is our current performance suite. It is not just renamed - it's works entirely differently than the Killer Network Manager, and isn't as prone to being broken by Windows Feature Updates as the Killer Network Manager was.

You can find the latest version of the Killer Control Center here - Killer Control Center 64-bit. I would suggest downloading the latest suite, then uninstalling all "Killer Driver" and "Killer Suite" entries from your Apps and Features menu, restarting your machine, then installing the latest package. 

If you have any other issues or questions about our product, you can reach out to us directly here - Contact Us 

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

No Events found!