Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2012 07:00

M11x-R2 Keyboard Key Is Not Working

Hi Everyone,

I need some help. Some of the keys on my keyboard is not working / responding. They key "8", "I", "K", and "<" is not functioning. Other keys is fine. Is it because of the driver or the hardware? I can't find any driver update on dell website so I'm assuming it's hardware issue.

Anybody has any idea what's going on or face the same issue??

My laptop is already out of warranty, so this forum is my source of information.

Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

November 30th, 2012 11:00

Hello amersudin,

Test the keyboard outside of Windows to check if this is a hardware issue or a software issue:

1. Press F8 during POST several times.

2. Select "Repair My Computer"

3. Select the Command prompt.

Test the keys that are not working, if they work there, it's most likely a software issue. Let me know how it goes.

4 Posts

December 4th, 2012 04:00

Hi Natalia,

Can you explain to me in more details. I don't know to test it outside the Windows system.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

December 4th, 2012 08:00

Hi amersudin,

I apologize, I didn't explain myself clearly.

Follow the steps listed on my post above, that's how you test the keyboard outside of the Operating System.

4 Posts

December 4th, 2012 08:00

Hi Natalia,

I just did the steps above. They key is still not working. What does it mean?? Is there a missing driver??

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

December 4th, 2012 11:00

That means it's most likely a hardware issue, it could be the keyboard itself, or the keyboard's connection to the motherboard, I sent you a friend request, please accept it and send me a PM with your service tag and contact information, and I'll help you out.

1 Message

February 18th, 2015 18:00

Hi i am having the same issue i made sure the connections to the motherboard was connected which they were but my space, up arrow, g, and h wont work please help me

No Events found!