Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2012 06:00

M11x Windows 7 authentication

I just got myself a m11x 2nd hand but without a hdd or restore disc. plus the authentication sticker has been worn away :( I've heard but idk thats why im asking, if I use a dell or alienware or oem windows dics does the bios or something like that keep the key so I dont have to buy a new one. Eg install without needing to put a key in?

1.2K Posts

October 5th, 2012 07:00

my experience with M17X ,  still asked for key to install since the key verifies which version it installs, eg.  Win 7 home premium, win 7 Ultimate, basic ect....  just never had to activate it since it was being installed on a dell system from a dell cd.  now if the service tag is  still  visible maybe dell willl help you out, but  thats a BIG BIG BIG maybe,

bigest issue you face is using external cd, or a usb stick to install  windows since the M11x dont got cd drive built in :(

and no, bios has no effect  on windows product key, that is stored in windows itself.

October 5th, 2012 09:00

If you had the original disc that came with the system you woould be able to do so without that but since you don't have it the best would be to contact Microsoft at (1-800-RULEGIT) and they should be able to help you.

No Events found!