Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 25th, 2013 22:00

M17x R3 Power/Charging Problem

Hi there,

Starting a couple weeks ago my laptop started to randomly stop registering that the power cable was connected to it.

The power adapter cable seems to possibly be the problem, the blue light on the end turns on when I plug it in, and it stays on even when the computer stops registering that it is plugged into the adapter.  However it does not work if it is moved in a certain way, the light goes off and stops charging the battery.

The power adapter does feel a bit loose when it is plugged in to the back of the laptop.

The battery works fine, it charges and holds a charge.

I have run every available diagnostic test that Dell and Alienware offer, online and offline, everything has always passed with flying colors. However there is obviously something wrong.

I have taken the battery out, unplugged the computer and held the power button for 20-30 seconds. This changes nothing and helps nothing, the same problem exists.

My warranty is still in effect until 12/2/13, so I am willing to try having Dell send me a new power adapter to see if that is possibly the problem.

If you need additional info from me please let me know.

I look forward to hearing a response, thank you.

-Jake

No Responses!
No Events found!