Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2016 06:00

M17xR3 Plug and play replacement GPU upgrade *please help*

Hello all, 

seeing as i have a 4 to 5 year old laptop, im sure my question has been asked many many times over. For this i apoligize but im sure i might get more up to date and informed responses asking again, instead of surfing old post.

As the title says, i have a M17xR3, and i love it. I have been rocking this thing for about 5 years and it has been a beast. I have run everything i want, new, old, and have been very pleased with the 6970m blackcomb xt. It just died on me, i don't know if it was the upgrade to windows 10, or what. But it recently died. I have alot of money in the parts i have upgraded,cpu, ssd, memory and was still very pleased with the performance up untill 6970m died. So for me, keeping my same rig with a slightly better GPU is ideal.

So my question is, what gpu can i upgrade to without having to flash bios or get modified drivers and such. I have no problem repasting and doing whatever repair work to the computer. just don't want to play with bios, or modded drivers. I have bricked my computer before (luckily under warranty) with a bios flash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sincerely, A Gamer without a Game rig anymore....   -_-

No Responses!
No Events found!