Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2012 01:00

M18x with odd graphics 'bleeding'

Hi all.

I have an M18x about 6 months old and out of the box it's had this odd graphics issue.

A small box slides up on the righthand side occassionally asking if I want to upgrade Alien ReSpawn. Problem is it looks like a bleeding watercolour painting. Here's what I mean...

6646.Graphic bleeding.jpg

I've never had an issue with this as games and other apps have all worked fine. But I just ran into a program now that isn't usable because of this problem - so now I'm motivated to find out what the issue is.

Has anyone else had this issue (couldn't find anything in the forums)? Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Thanks.

348 Posts

January 30th, 2012 08:00

Can you rule out the software and says its the screen or graphics ?

What does it look like if you take a screen shot ?

February 1st, 2012 02:00

Hi and thanks for replying.

All my games work fine (SWTOR, Champions Online, Stronghold II, etc) so it doesn't seem to be a screen issue. Also, the screen and desktop display fine, it's only the alienware alert box that slides up from the bottom right hands side that has this strange effect.

Here's another example from a program called Maptools. This program can't run on my laptop because it displays like a wet watercolour painting (but it runs fine on my older Dell PC).

8524.Screen bleed.JPG

February 10th, 2012 18:00

This caused by checking "Morphological Filtering" in  your game options under the AMD control panel (it's at the top of the tesselation box, I believe).  Uncheck it and this problem will go away.

If you do not see that box, go to your registry and search for "Morphological" and change all instances of it to 0.

--Hank

No Events found!