Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 09:00

Missing Drivers on Dell Website

I have wrote some issues I have experienced with my Alienware 14 (aka M14xR3) and Windows 10 here:

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/forums/thread/103883/general-1/windows-10-experience/last#post-1086713

But... I would like to ask for a missing drivers for Alienware 14:
- Chipser Drivers (unknown PCI Bus Device)
- Intel Management Drivers (unknown Device)
- Ethernet interface (missing Ethernet Driver)

and dedicated:
- OSD for Alienware
- AlienFX

Are You going to release and publish these drivers/applications in next days or not?
I am really excited about Windows 10, but drivers from Windows 8.1 are not
working properly or making annoying BSOD or problems with system...

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 4th, 2015 16:00

Hello, 

The drivers that are listed for Windows 8.1 on the Dell support site should be adaptable to Windows 10. Within the next week or so, you will see the drivers on the Dell support site for Windows 10. They are going to be the same drivers as the ones listed for Windows 8.1. If you are still experiencing issues with these drivers and Windows 10, let us know and we may be able to help you. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 4th, 2015 23:00

Thank you Rodrigo for reply - I much appreciate it :)

I already tried to install drivers from Windows 8.1, but I experienced BSODs and do not want to try this again.

I have now freshly installed Windows 10 but, as I said in above post and under link I gave you,
my Device Manager has 3 unknown devices and I can bet, that it is:
- Intel Chipset Driver,
- HECI Driver (PCI device),
- Qualcomm LAN Killer from Atheros (have no Ehternet).

I can also tell you, that on Atheros website there are no compatible drivers with E2201 module on Win10.
In this case I can say only, that this will be little strange to publish drivers from 8.1 directly for 10.

I also noticed on 8.1 drivers issue, that when I pressed power-on button, I saw Alienware logo and
computer was turned-off imediately. Second press to power button finally turned on PC, but nVidia
GTX card was missing and I had BSOD "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR".

So... in this case - check this out and verify, that on generic system (with only Microsoft products
installed on it) there is no issue like on mine system :(

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 5th, 2015 14:00

Hello, 

There is a way to find the drivers for the unknown devices. Click here to view an article that explains how to do this. If you can provide us with the hardware IDs for the unknown devices, we can try to find the drivers for them. The blue screens may be a cause of the missing drivers but we would need to find out which drivers are missing first. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Hello Rodrigo,
thank you very much for the quick answer! :)

Here are listed my "issued" devices:

1.) Ethernet Controller:

Hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_E091&SUBSYS_05AC1028&REV_10
PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_E091&SUBSYS_05AC1028
PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_E091&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_E091&CC_0200

2.) PCI Simple Communications Controller:

Hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_05A91028&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_05A91028
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&CC_0780

3.) Unknown device:

Hardware IDs:
ACPI\VEN_CPL&DEV_0002
ACPI\CPL0002
*CPL0002

I would like only to install drivers, that Dell/Alienware marked as "Windows 10",
because I do not want to have any problems I had in last few days :(

I have also not installed these two applications I missing so much:
- Command Center for Notebooks
- Alienware On Screen Display Application

Thank you very much for continuous help!

PS - I believe, that on Clean installation of Windows 10 on Alienware 14 (Mid 2013) there are some
people having the same issue like mine, so my solution (if we solve it) will help anyone in our Alienware Family :)

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 6th, 2015 09:00

Hello, 

Thank you for providing this information. The Windows 8.1 drivers and Alienware applications are compatible with Windows 10. They have been tested and they work properly with Windows 10. Perhaps within the next few weeks, the Dell support site will be updated with drivers listed under the Windows 10 OS category, but they are going to be the same drivers as the ones for Windows 8.1. Click on the devices below for the missing driver download links.

Ethernet Controller

PCI Simple Communications Controller

Unknown device

Let us know if you begin to have issues after installing these drivers.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 6th, 2015 10:00

OK - I made a Full System Backup inside Windows 10 on another drive and will try these drivers you posted above :)

I hope, that everything will wiek perfect after this installation. I will let you know :)

But I have a trip next week and will do it later, so be patient for my answer :P

Cheers and thank you!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 7th, 2015 10:00

Thank you for confirming this. I hope that it works out as well. Have a safe trip. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 30th, 2015 05:00

Hello Rodrigo,
sorry fot the late replay, but I have some personal troubles and no much time to do what I want :)

I have installed first two applications you sent me - Chipset (Intel Lynx) and Killer LAN Driver
and everything is OK, but I have noticed, that third one (Alienware OSD) is not working stable
and properly as it should so I avoided to install it and waiting for dedicated version (as well
still missing under Win10 drivers - AlienFX).

Without OSD I still have working FN+xx shortcuts, even without any driver and do not think,
that actually I need anything to be happy.

I have also noticed, that computer is not working clearly and smoothy - I disabled Fast Boot
and Secure Boot, but system is waking-up *faster* than *with fast boot*

I would like to inform you, that every power-on I need to restart PC to solve some problems:
- Bluetooth is not working stable and properly (drops and freezes on my BT Mouse)
- Wireless is sometimes disconnects and I need to reconnect to my Wi-Fi manually
- System have some drops as well - clicking on Start Menu or some options gives me freezes

Windows 10 is fantastic, but I think, that some drivers and software applications are still
missing to make system fast and perfect as it was with Windows 8.1 on my Alienware 14 :)

PS - If you want something from me, please do not hesitate, I am ready to help :)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 30th, 2015 09:00

Dear Rodrigo,
I tried on my Alienware 14 OSD package, but it causes on WIndows 10 BSoD with graphic card.
Sometimes is a driver of in-CPU Intel Graphics, sometimes nVidia GTX.... I have uninstalled OSD
(device in Device Manager is still installed), but BSoDs are missing (2 days without).

Do you know anything about rest of updates for Alienware 14. They are still not available
oficially or not dedicated for my configuration (my hardware)...

Still also waiting for AlienFX and OSD :(

Thank you for everything!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 8th, 2015 11:00

Also noticed, that LAN Driver in Windows 10 causes memory leak during download large files over the Internet.
Memory leak in this case is very fast memory usage on my 16GB machine...

Over Wi-Fi this problem does not exist.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 8th, 2016 13:00

OK, I found it finally and here is the solution.

- For BSoDs you must to manually update Integrated Graphics card driver (via Device Manager)
- For memory leaks - you should manually install Killer Network Suite from Developer site

That is the solution for all my issues - everything is OK and Windows 10 is working perfectly and smoothly.

Cheers and thank you!

No Events found!