Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2016 07:00

My Alienware has been stolen. Please help me!

Hello... Today I lost my alienware2015 model laptop...I have the service tag nub ..which was on the back side of the product...I'm not sure that I have written down the IME nub or not...what should I do...if I provide the service tag nub can I get the IME nub from dell website so that I can give it to some security agency so they can trace it..???? .and please help me giving me a proper link where I can directly mail this to the official website. !!!!!! please help before its too late !!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 20th, 2016 08:00

In what country was the laptop purchased? In what country are you in now? We need to know this to send you to the correct "Report a Stolen System" form.

January 20th, 2016 10:00

well i bought this product from australia ! and now im in bangladesh ! i have the shipment dates and warrenty dates and the service tag number ! can you help me with it

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 20th, 2016 12:00

When you moved to India, did you then fill out the service tag transfer form to change the address from Australia to India? If you did not, then the original purchase data (name, address, phone, email) will still show as Australia.
(1) File a Police report with your local law enforcement agency and obtain the following data = Police Station, Case Number, Officer, Phone number.

(2) Contact your Home Owner's insurance company. They will need a copy of the original Dell invoice.

(3) Complete the "Report a Stolen System" form.

(4) Contact Dell Customer Service for your country and tell them that the laptop was stolen. Once they have verified your ownership of the laptop, the Dell representative can place a flag in our tool against the service tag for that laptop. This will prevent any unauthorized use of warranty or support until the flag is removed and ownership confirmed.

(5) If you purchased and engaged the LoJack Theft Protection service, call them (800-456-5225 press 3, press 2) and provide the same data.

No Events found!