Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2012 21:00

New To Alienware, PROBLEM !!!

Hey guys, i just purchased my m17x a few days ago, and me, myself, is very dump to laptop and whats inside it, but this is what i wanted to ask. I have my BF3 installed, and then the first time i played it, it was so lagging. Then i go to dell.com to download all the things like the BIOS etc. I came back to the game and it was result in a very smooth gameplay. Until the next day, it became lagging again, and finally i deleted it. The 2nd thing also happen when i play my next game : Crysis2, its all the same, smooth on the first time, and then the next day its became lagging so badly. I really appreciate for those who ants to help me, because i really dont know about stuff like this.

Thanks a lot guys, cheers !!!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 4th, 2012 16:00

B45Y4H,

Your not letting Windows Update load files automatically are you? If yes, change that. We do not want it loading hardware drivers. Is this an M17x-R3 or R4?

5 Posts

September 4th, 2012 17:00

Hmm what did you mean by letting the windows update load the files automatically ? Could you please guide me ? And last night, i did a system restore, and then i re-download the seagate firmware and the nvidia updates. This is the R3, and this is still the old version that came with the geforce xt560, because the new one that came with the xt670 or something is not coming to my country, thanks for your help

12 Posts

September 4th, 2012 20:00

I am guessing you are running the ChipSet Video Card.

Try run the games on the Nvidia Card.

Do a search on how to switch video card on M17XR3.

If you still have your Manuel, try there too.

5 Posts

September 4th, 2012 23:00

Hmm okay i'll try it first and then i'll reply again, thanks man

5 Posts

September 5th, 2012 03:00

Hey, i;ve tried to change the graphic card, with FN+F7, but instead of changing it, the layer show this words : Your Grpahics Solution Is Automatically Configured For Optimal Performance. How's that ?

12 Posts

September 5th, 2012 10:00

When you are lagging, are you running with your DC power, no AC adapters?

And what Power Option did you set?

With my pass experience, some game will start with the on-board Chip-Set Video Card.

You need to be sure the game run on your Nvida Card.

By what you described.

It seems that the games you play are choosing on their own.

Be sure you set to, 'High Performance' on your power plan and plug in your AC.

I find that out when I was doing a benchmark on 1 of the game that require benchmarking your PC before installation.

See how it goes.

5 Posts

September 5th, 2012 20:00

I'm running it with the ac and dc, and with balance mode. Last night after i install burnout, and then i back to my crysis, and it running smoothly again, i think everytime i installed something to my laptop, the game goes smoothly again. Haha i'm confused

No Events found!