Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2015 20:00

No Bluetooth

I did all the upgrades for win 10 on my alienware alpha, with 8.1 the bluetooth worked fine, i can look and see the programs are listed for bluetooth but there are no options in the device settings as many web sites list to turn on and pair bluetooth devices. What do i need to do for this? I have uninstalled all devices and drivers, reinstalled and downloaded drivers from dell and from intel for my ac 7265 card with no luck. All was fine before win 10....

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 20th, 2015 11:00

Hi,  

What about the Intel Wireless 7265 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Driver, did you install this driver as well? If not, click here for the download link. Let us know how it goes.

9 Posts

August 20th, 2015 13:00

Hi, I went on both dell's site and Intel site downloaded drivers. They show up under programs and the 7265 shows up under the network cards in device manager. Even after they were install and I rebooted system there was no option in device settings to turn the Bluetooth on or connect device.  Ill try it again this evening.  Thanks!

9 Posts

August 20th, 2015 16:00

Downloaded file.. clicked exe.. just sat there spinning for 20 min, tried to move file to desktop,  just sat there, opened task Mgr stopped processes, system crashed, blue screen windows can't fix.. trying system restore... but to be done with win 10 already and go back to 8...

1 Attachment

9 Posts

August 20th, 2015 16:00

System restore unsuccessful.... gotta reload os.... :-(

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 21st, 2015 12:00

Hi Ty68,

Maybe reinstalling Windows is the best option in this case. Before you upgrade to Windows 10, we recommend you view this link.

9 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 16:00

Well no luck on anything I try.. bluetooth is gone... tried unis talking all bluetooth devices, files and programs. Evrytime I try to fix or Uninstall or install Intel proset it fails. Nothing works to get bluetooth back. Trying another system restore. If not I'm going to format my ssd and start over. Ducks because I keep losing all my game saves and kodi setup.... all because if win 10 crashing my system....

9 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 17:00

Well system restore didn't bring it back. Idk what to do, only way I can find it is program folder if I click on the btmsrvview it comes up and says Error initializing local Bluetooth device. Please make sure Bluetooth is enabled. But there are no options to enable it....

No Events found!