Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 20:00

*PLEASE* enable all touchpad features in Dell's official Synaptics driver package!

The drivers currently available for the AW13 (and, I'm guessing, other 2015 and 2016 models) are inexplicably crippled. I know for a fact that the I2C touchpad installed in the 2015 AW13 is capable of detecting clicks and taps using both three and four fingers. Why is the option to customize the behavior of these hidden in Dell's drivers? Even the non-OEM Synaptics driver package hides them. If I install a Lenovo ClickPad driver, I'm able to customize three and four finger taps and clicks.

There doesn't appear to be a technological reason why these options are disabled - please add them to the next touchpad driver update! Three finger click to emulate middle click is a must-have in a laptop, and it's impossible to do that right now with Dell's drivers.

29 Posts

February 17th, 2016 00:00

I am honestly curious about this as I'd also like to customize the touchpad to better effect.

Can you please post screenshots/details of your Synaptics software and the other software that you're fine with? With the ones I downloaded from Dell, I'm able to switch 3- and 4-finger gesture controls on and off, but not much else in terms of customization.

No Events found!