Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2014 17:00

Problems after reinstalling Windows 7

Hello everyone,

Issue #1

I have a M17x-R3 laptop and after reinstalling Windows I can't get my Nvidia GPU to be the active GPU.  Device manager shows both onboard and Nvidia GPU installed and enabled but the on board GPU is the one it's using.  How do I switch to the Nvidia one?  I tried Fn-F7 and my Bios doesn't give me the option to change it.  I also tried disabling the onboard GPU through device manager and rebooting but that doesn't work either.

Issue #2

In the device manager there are two devices with the little yellow exclamation point and I don't know what they are.  How do I figure out what they are so I can install the proper drivers?

"PCI Device" & "Unknown Device"

Issue #3

My sound is distorted sometimes when playing video games but I have the latest drivers installed.  It also sounds distorted when playing the initial Windows sound after a reboot.  Youtube videos and MP3s seem to play without any issues.

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 5th, 2014 23:00

2 Posts

September 21st, 2014 22:00

Thanks, I was able to get my Nvidia card to be the active card but my games still run slow.  In the link you provided it says:

Note: If you purchased the NVidia GTX 580M and your system is experiencing low performance during game play click here

but the link doesn't work. 

No Events found!