Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2010 14:00

Quick Q

a) If i, for instance, recovered my pc from alienrespawn using the FULL (complete) recovery does it put it back to EXACTLY how i had it when it came from the factory?

b)If i did the above and i had software like microsoft office 2010 pro or Adobe Photoshop CS5, would i be able to re-install them using the same serial number? (can you do this unlimited amounts of times?)

Thanks for any responses

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 16th, 2010 15:00

a) I don't know what AlienRespawn is. My Aurora came with Dell DataSafeLocal which is suppose to do something similar to what you are talking about (Full Recovery to original factory shipped software setup).

However, unless you received the computer from Dell with those hard-drives and with the RAID-0 already setup, I doubt the DataSafeLocal functionality is still operational.

b) You should be able to get those re-installed (if you are a legit owner and have your original discs, serial numbers, and/or certificates). If you run into a problem, just call the proper company and they should be able to help you. I don't know why you would need "unlimited installs" to do what you are talking about.

14 Posts

December 16th, 2010 15:00

a) If i, for instance, recovered my pc from alienrespawn using the FULL (complete) recovery does it put it back to EXACTLY how i had it when it came from the factory?

b)If i did the above and i had software like microsoft office 2010 pro or Adobe Photoshop CS5, would i be able to re-install them using the same serial number? (can you do this unlimited amounts of times?)

Thanks for any responses

as far as I know:

A) with my old retired XPS 730, the system restore put it back to the original setup from the factory. I would assume my Alienware would do the same thing.

B) I have reinstalled my programs multiple times on the same computer after different system restores (even different computers: photoshop elements, final draft, office)

No Events found!