Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

March 19th, 2011 11:00

RAID Setup Screen

This may seem like a random question but I can't find the answer to this anywhere.  Do the Area 51 PCs have a RAID setup that you enter just after BIOS to configure your drives?  Mine does not give any options when I bootup to enter any config for my drives when set to RAID in the BIOS.  I know most controllers give this option, but my Area 51 has nothing except Intel RST within Windows.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 19th, 2011 12:00

In the BIOS, you have to change the drives from AHCI to RAID. I think you also have to change the option to "Display RAID config on boot" ... (or something to that effect).

95 Posts

March 19th, 2011 12:00

Yes it is in the advanced Bios options in your bios you can select to hide or display it displays during boot-up (then I changed it back to Hide when I was done running the Intel Rapid Storage utility and migrated the data from both drives. It did take a few hours to migrate the data between the 2 drives). I just had to redo my RAID configuration and after I set it to raid & reformated and re-installed os I used the Intel Rapid Storage Utility and it worked great I have 2 X 1TB drives I set it to RAID 0   for performence rather then RAID 1 for Mirror.

Hope this helps

jeffcmfrt

No Events found!