Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 16th, 2015 08:00

Re-installing windows alienware aurora r4

ive had a little issue with a previous problem and now i decided to reinstall windows 8.1 and i need some

adivice to instal windows on a alienware aurora r4

The reason for me wanting to do this is mainly because my windows is stuck on the automatic repair

mode, and nothing can be done, that include safe more or system recovery. What happened is that as

soon as i updated my windows it give me a blue screen during loggin. it did that 3 time or so until

auomatic repair start running.

ive done ePSA so no hardware issue, but it is all because of windows update..... im sure of that because it

is the second time my windows try to update and cause blue screen to appear. but the first time it allow

me to go further than log in screen and blue screen happend after 1 min or so after i log in. during that

time i could run safe mode. so i did a system restore and everything runned smooth no problem or

anything. I shut windows upadate off. My second time installing windows updates was by accident

because i thinkmy anit virus put it back on. And it did what i said above.

If you have way to fix it i will happely welcome it because i have file i need to recovery from the computer

but i also know that i need to move on since now i need time to recover or redo all the work i have lost on

my system.

if there is a way to save my information ( mainly files ) before reseting. please let me know this will really

help me alot. any wayr that i can save it is a super big plus.

so i will go to worse option i can think, restore my computer, but i am new and dont make any mustake

that can damage my system.

I have the "Alienware Aurora R4 resource DVD, but from what ive read i shouldnt used what on it

because it is old sofware (Also heard old updates can damage the system). Instead i must download all

the upadtes on the Dell.com and used them after installing windows.

What i really need a advice or tutorial for someone who never restore or formated a desktop.

Assume i installed windows 8.1. will will the fans, liquid cooling sytem processor and fans be working ? im

kinda scared that nothing will work and will start to cause damage due to over heating. IF it wont start

right away should i have the case open during the process

will i also lose my service tag number and express services code thats registered on my system?

Before doing anything on my computer, i am on the Dell.com Product support page were all the drivers for

my computer are located

ON instalation order

application is first ( alienware command center is part of it )

the Drivers

then BIOS

My real question is really do i really need to use the resource dvd for something or is dell product support

giving all the drive needed for installation.

thanks in advance

86 Posts

May 16th, 2015 11:00

31 Posts

May 19th, 2015 13:00

awsome thankx

No Events found!