Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2016 07:00

Reinstallingg windows and help with laptop configuration.

Ok so first of all thanks for any replies and help provided :)

Now i have an alienware m17 with the extra ssd and i formated it qutie a while ago my problem now is first of all i didnt use the ssd hard rive (stupid me) and i have no restore or backup cd from original installation by dell. 

So what i want is help to restore my pc to its original "form" Especially the part that windows are installed in ssd hard drive and it invisible form user and no extra fiels are stored there :) 

Any specs you may need fell free to ask. 

Also where do i find all the drivers and i mean if there is anywhere i can find everything alienware commander , bus , motherboard , audio everything because after the formating i had to search and install them one by one.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

February 9th, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

To better assist you, please confirm the revision of your Alienware 17 system (example=Alienware 17 R2) and also the Windows operating system that you are running with your Alienware (example=Windows 7). 

February 9th, 2016 13:00

I dont know which R it is. I have the service tag though also i am running win 7 

86 Posts

February 9th, 2016 15:00

Press [Windows] and [ r ] type in msinfo32 and then press [Enter] and from there you should get your model number and BIOS revision.

February 15th, 2016 01:00

will do today that i am free

February 15th, 2016 08:00

bios varsion: Alienware A14,9/24/2014

86 Posts

February 15th, 2016 08:00

From that revision and date it sounds like its an Alienware 17 and not 17x.

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/alienware-17.html

February 18th, 2016 02:00

ok thanks for that now my second part of question how i put the windows in the ssd and make it invisible like it was when delivered to me. is there like a cd or something that it will restore it to its factory seetings.

86 Posts

February 18th, 2016 13:00

I recommend downloading and clean installing Windows 10 TH2, this way you can install Windows properly on the SSD:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1RkaknDn7v-Ucth4gt0U3BHVSY7oNkWr

February 20th, 2016 18:00

Well i will do a clean install but my problem is making an install on ssd drive and only placing windows incside so it wont get filled . like it was in default invisible ot users and with windows inside thats my problem. i will also stick to  win7 for personal reasons .

So any idea how i restore it like that so ssd will be invisible and only have windows inside ?

February 23rd, 2016 04:00

or is there an email i can contact tech support dirrectly ??

February 23rd, 2016 04:00

is There a possibility i can find somewhere or uploaded an image of the restore cd or something similar ??? i can give you the service tag so you can see the exact model .

No Events found!