Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2016 19:00

Restoring Realtek HD Audio Manager/ Uninstalling or Disabling Alienware Audio

Hi,

Recently, I started getting problems with my audio on my alienware X51 R2 (I'm on windows 10). After a long time of searching for solutions all over the internet like on forums, I've come to the point where the only possible solution to my problem is using the realtek hd audio manager. The problem is: I can't access it on my alienware device since it is completely replaced by your poor version of it "Alienware Audio" wich does not have any of the options I need. How could I restore the original version of this software or at least disable the alienware audio version?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 18th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Uninstall the Alienware Audio driver and look for the latest driver available for that audio card from the manufacturer's site. That should help.

Let me know!

4 Posts

October 18th, 2016 18:00

Hi,

Could you please tell me how I should uninstall Alienware Audio? It seems it keeps reinstalling itself in the place of the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 19th, 2016 11:00

Go to device manager > Sound, video and game controllers: delete every driver there (make sure to check the "Delete driver software" box. Then do a clean install of the driver from our website here.

Let me know!

No Events found!