Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2013 17:00

Thermal Controller error - 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon'

Hi Guys,

I have been receiving the following message on startup recently -

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Call was canceled by the message filter. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010002 (RPC_E_CALL_CANCELED))
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.Factories.ProfileRepositoryFactory.get_ProfileRepositoryforController()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Any ideas on how to stop this happening?

I have an Aurora r3 and have tried the Power Dissipation test however i'm not sure if it was necessary for this error.

I also ran Dell Diagnostics which came back all good.

Finally I can run Alienware Command Center and change the lighting / see readings from the fans.

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

January 8th, 2013 09:00

Hi Chris,

Re install the command center, click on the article below for steps on how to do it properly:

How to uninstall and reinstall the Alienware Command Center?

Let me know how it goes.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2013 11:00

It seems the issue has resolved itself.. For now atleast!

I was wondering if you could explain what the error above means and why it would have occurred?

Thanks,

Chris.

No Events found!