Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2013 11:00

Touchpad doesn't work

Hi guys! Today I turned on my computer after having a skype call with my friend (with Silvercrest headphones) last week, and my touchpad didn't work after turning it on today. This has already happened to me before, and I thought the problem was solved after re-installing the mouse drivers, but it started again after the skype call. I plugged in my mouse, and the cursor appeared and worked on the screen, and when I unplugged it, the cursor dissappeared from the screen and didn't work again, so now I'm stuck with the mouse... I need help please ASAP.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 11th, 2013 12:00

Hello CookieRaidr!

That sounds pretty much as a software issue, I would recommend you to disable the touch pad with FN+F12 and then enable it again. 

October 13th, 2013 02:00

No, I've already tried that, and it doesn't do anything... I think I haven't explained myself correctly. It's already been happening for a while (I mean the touchpad not working), and what I do everytime to make it work again is restarting the computer until the touchpad works. I posted this question on another forum, here's the link: http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19521745.aspx

October 18th, 2013 11:00

Hello? Can you please help me ASAP, it's urgent! I like my touchpad and I don't like restarting my computer so many times until it works! It's really annoying!

• 

2.7K Posts

October 18th, 2013 13:00

It seems like a software issue I will recommend you to do clean boot that might help and if the issue persist, you can do an Alienrespawn.

October 18th, 2013 13:00

What do you mean "clean boot"? And did you open and read my link? It will help you understand my problem.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 18th, 2013 14:00

Clean boot is to start up the computer using minimal drivers and start up programs that will help you eliminating software issues. You can learn how to do it on this link.

And yes I read the post and that seems pretty much like software issue that is why I’m recommending you to do an Alienrespawn.

November 9th, 2013 02:00

I've tried to do a clean boot using the link you sent me, but I've done all the steps and the my touchpad still doesn't work... I've selected once all the upper check boxes, and the next the lower, and with both the problem still happened. But I've still not tried to do an AlienRespawn, can you please tell me how do that if it's something else?

• 

2.7K Posts

November 11th, 2013 06:00

Sure in this article you will find a lot of information about the Alienrespawn and it will show you how to use it.

No Events found!