Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2010 14:00

UK Alienware M17x-R2

Following email discussions with Dell Tech Support, it was suggested that I complete a reinstall of Windows 7 from scratch, which I completed, however by doing this I lost all the Alienware personalisation that came with my Alienware.

I have searched Google and Dell Support to see about completing a factory reset, and found something about Respawn, however I was not provided with a Respawn disk,  and although I can see a recovery drive if I load from the supplied Windows 7 CD, I don't appear to have any access to complete the recovery.

Can anyone advise how I complete a Respawn of my Alienware Laptop, to restore it back to it's factory settings?

35 Posts

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this information, I phone Tech Support and I've been told that I need to purchase the Respawn DVD, is that correct? I'm afraid since you said "Americas" which I believe it covers or means all America (North, Central and South America)

In my opinion this should be free for every Alienware owners, isn't it?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

UK Technical Support should be able to send you the Respawn DVD. The Americas part number is J260R. I am not sure if it is the same over there. Once you get it, here are the instructions.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 19th, 2010 15:00

Click my username, click Add as Friend, in the blank area I need the following, then click Send request -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
PC Service Tag number:
All the CDs we shipped with the system:
Reason: Alienware Respawn DVD never shipped with the sytem

No Events found!