Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2014 04:00

Wake from Sleep issues

Hello fellow Alienware Guru's/Enthusiasts/etc.

I have an M17x R3 that needs a light autopsy. I've turned over several rocks, researched, and almost asked GLADoS.

My problem is, every time I put the machine to sleep, I can't wake it up. Everything lights up perfect (Keyboard, Mouse, Logo's) but nada on the display.

i tried just about everything from the MS KB, disabled services (re-enabled them after the fact) and searching the forum. For once, I'm quite perplexed. First I thought it was VMWare net adapters, then realized I didn't install the program 3 months after. Device wise, I haven't added any since it happened (aside from RAM and an Internal HDD)

Any suggestions, help, etc would be awesome. I'm just not ready to start over again. I can post my sys. specs if needed.

Thanks all!

1.8K Posts

March 27th, 2014 16:00

Hi

Make sure you have the latest BIOS A12 and perform a clean installation installation of the video driver as explained on this article.

1 Message

April 7th, 2014 13:00

I also have an M17x, with the exact same problem. I have been dealing with Dell for MONTHS with no success thus far. Each time I call, there is a different explanation or assurance: "Oh, its the driver, this one will work while a new driver is being developed," or "oh, we need to replace the msata drive."

I've had the SSD replaced at home; it was sent in for service (new palm rest???) and returned to me, of course, with the same problem - plus some scratches. Not sure why they couldn't test it before they sent it back, but what sense does that make. I am now awaiting a new motherboard...which is backordered.

Most infuriating is that these were sold with this as a "known issue." So, unfortunately, your only consolation is that there are others in your position.

No Events found!