Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2016 23:00

Weird issue with keyboard and mouse on X51 R2?

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue with my X51 R2. If I boot directly into Windows 10, my keyboard and mouse are not recognized at all. I can't input anything from either peripheral. The workaround I've found for this problem is to turn off the computer, re-power it on, and spam F12 on the keyboard for it as well as the mouse to be recognized. From there, I boot into Windows from the boot options menu in the BIOS. Is there a way that the X51 can recognize my keyboard and mouse when booting directly into Windows instead of having to access the boot options menu from the BIOS and booting into Windows that way? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rjkiv

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 19th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

Connect the KB and the mouse to the USB 2.0 and send me an screenshot of the Boot tab in the Bios.

2 Posts

August 20th, 2016 18:00

Hi,

The F12 remedy no longer works for me. After I shut down my computer, the next time I want my keyboard and mouse to be recognized, I have to unplug the X51's power adapter, plug it back in, and then power it back on. Only then does it recognize my keyboard and mouse the first time it boots. I tried plugging the keyboard and mouse into the USB 2.0 like you suggested, however it doesn't seem to affect this issue.

Another problem with the X51 worth mentioning is whenever I put it to sleep and then turn it back on, the machine's fans start to spin up and the lights come on and everything, then it immediately shuts off, then it powers back on a moment later.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 10:00

Remember this computer has an Integrated video card (HDMI located at the top half of the system) and the Discrete video card (HDMI located at the bottom half), make sure the monitor is connected to the discrete video card.

Also run the latest BIOS version here.

Let me know how it goes!

No Events found!