Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2012 21:00

Where is the USB 3.0 port on M17x R3?

I just got a M17x R3 and I'm trying to figure out which one out of the 4 USB ports is the USB 3.0.  It's should be way faster than the USB 2.0

16 Posts

March 2nd, 2012 21:00

The USB 3.0/2.0 combo ports should be on the left side of the laptop, in between the mini-Display Port and the SPDIF. The USB 2.0 ports are on the right side

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 09:00

What is USB 3.0/2.0 combo ports?  

16 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 10:00

basically there the USB 3.0 ports, they should be the only two USB ports on the left side of laptop.

280 Posts

March 4th, 2012 12:00

perhpas slightly off topic.  Where to get USB3 sticks?  I saw some in stores in Germany last October, but have yet to find any store in Canada (Toronto area) which carry anything but USB2 sticks.  They seem to try to get rid of those first before offerring customers USB3 sticks.  That may take another year or more. Lots of USB3 hardrives available though. Wonder whether or not that is true in the US too.   Of course ordering on-line from any US site creates custom problems/cost and extra shipping charges.  LOL

1.2K Posts

March 4th, 2012 13:00

ordering from the US isnt so bad  i just make sure everything i get is sent USPS sure it takes a few days longer but i get charged flat rate 5 bucks + provicial taxes(13%)  ....  and so far anything ive ordered that was less then 70 bucks total  i havent paid anything to customs , and i order  atleast once a week  even after exchange rate taxes and customs i still save average of 20%

280 Posts

March 4th, 2012 16:00

Thanks up there in Thunder Bay. I concur US prices are usually lower, except for Exchange Rate which should lately really be most of the time in favour to the Canadian buyer, but, just like with books, greeting cards, cars, etc. the C$ is usually still on a discount, never mind the real exchange rate. LOL.

No Events found!