Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2009 13:00

Who comes up with these delivery dates?

Ordered my M17x on Oct 13, original deivery date was Nov. 6 than delayed to Nov 13th and delayed again to Nov 20th, I have been recieving email about delays early on Tuesday mornings I would magine I will get another saying it is delayed again to the 27th, Was hoping to beat the COD MW2 release but its looking like I will continue to stare at a box unable to play. And when I do call about delays I get treated like I am out of line for calling. Where are alienware comps buit and where are they shipped from?  Has anyone recieved an order from dell on time recently? Thanks just venting

8 Posts

November 16th, 2009 16:00

Well called today delayed agin to Dec 1, they say its the processor is on back order.

27 Posts

November 16th, 2009 20:00

dell is making me angry too. constant delays.

8 Posts

November 17th, 2009 15:00

Well I have to say I am pretty surprised, still no word on when I will get comp. but customer service for me was great. Called and recieved bad news of delay  number 3 all the way to Dec. 1 and was annoyed but then this morning out of the blue recieved another call from a supervisior who stated   she would expidite my order and give me overnight delivery and Tactix mouse and headset that is part of the newest offer now that wasnt avalable during the period I ordered and have windows 7 loaded even thou I was just getting a free windows 7 coupon. About an hour later recived another apology call and a reassurance that they would work towards getting my order to me ASAP. It sucks that I am over a month waiting but I can not complain about how the customer service department has worked for and with me to get things going. Just getting a call is better than checking status or hearing that terrible phone order status line message. Keeping fingers crossed here.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2009 17:00

I ordered my M17X last night.  This morning I called customer service to see if I could add more RAM to the laptop.  I was told that all the parts were available, that the machine was in the building process and that I couldn't make any changes to the machine configuration.  My expected Ship date is 12/8/2009.   From the sounds of it, I won't get mine until Christmas or later.

I'll keep everyone posted.

8 Posts

November 19th, 2009 11:00

Called to check order today and more of the same news, my delivery date went back to Dec 4th and was told orders are coming in so fast that they are running out of processors and their supplier cant keeps up with the demands. So still getting nothing but headaches from dell.

3 Posts

November 21st, 2009 16:00

Just checked my status and my laptop is still due to ship on 12/8/2009, but the headset and mouse are now moved to 12/15/2009.

6 Posts

November 21st, 2009 17:00

Ordered a standard offer of a VOSTRO. Order placed on 11-10-09. NEVER received even a email stating the purchase was complete. NEVER received an email with estimated delivery date. Login at Dell website and see purchase is complete delivery date estimate to be 11-20-09. Now 10 days for an off the shelf offer is a little long in my eyes. Then looked a couple of days later and estimated delivery date moved out to the 30th of November. Well I think if I am waiting 10 days what the heck another 10 no big deal. HA.... So I send an email to customer support and get a reply three days later stating the order is still due to be delivered on the 30th. I had even mentioned in my email to support about the possibility of canceling the order and when they replied they did not even comment on that. So..... Here I am thinking what the hell another 10 days makes might as well go for it. Well a day after I received the response from the "Support" department I take a look at my delivery date and now it says the 7th of December....My god how long does it take to make a Laptop.....

Now I have not received 1 email from them in regards to everything from the order to all the delays.  This is RIDICULOUS... I have been a long time customer of Dell and have to say this is the worst experience I have ever had with this company. Now my question is what to do??? I refuse to sit on hold for hours on end or to deal with an incompetent support tech. Has anyone got any ideas how to handle this easier than sitting on the phone speaking to an out of country support department?

I have to say this experience is absolutely nuts. I will never buy another DELL and I can assure you I will let everyone I know about this experience.

Anyone got any ideas??

3.4K Posts

November 21st, 2009 17:00

Anyone got any ideas??

Toshiba? Great laptops IMHO.

6 Posts

November 21st, 2009 18:00

Thanks for your replies... I did buy a LENOVA a while ago and had excellent service and excellent delivery. they have this company beat by a landslide. I know canceling will be a real challenge Heck they may even try to charge me the 15% on the cancel. I just cannot understand why this company has allowed itself to go so far down. everywhere ya read people are having problems with them. look at their stock...

Anyway am going to try to cancel would be alot better if someone from DELL read this and would give a response also. Heck a email would be welcome from DELL.

27 Posts

they can't charge you 15% unless you have actually received it.  If your order has been delayed and you haven't received anything, you are allowed to cancel.  It should even state it in your "we apologize but your system has been delayed" email.  I'm 200 percent positive on this.

Cancel your order and buy a Toshiba, HP or an ASUS.

27 Posts

cancel your order.  Dell is completely out of control at the moment. Their absolutely ridiculous customer service , false advertising, bating and switching, unreal dealys, shortage on supplies.  I ordered 2 dell systems and cancelled them both. 

CANCEL YOUR ORDER. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME UNTIL DELL GETS THINGS STRAIGHTENED OUT.   They need some new people in upper management.

9 Posts

November 26th, 2009 21:00

Mind me asking what processor you ordered with your m17x

8 Posts

November 27th, 2009 06:00

I got the quad Q9000, called the other day and looking like delay #6 is coming for me very soon.

9 Posts

November 27th, 2009 09:00

Same processor that I ordered mine with.  Still in production Humm i don't know if I could put up with 6 delays.  Maybe 2 the most.  6 is a lot.  I don't see how hard it is for them to block people from ordering that processor if there getting backed up or its on back order.  But for some reason they let them order it and they end up having to wait and wait for there computer.  Or let them know before had that there is going to be a delay in your order then people wouldn't be so upset and not let people spend over 2 3 grand then tell them 2 days before its suppose to ship and say theres a delay.   

3 Posts

November 28th, 2009 06:00

I checked my email this morning and got a ship notice on my M17X.  It is supposed to be delivered by Dec 2nd.  FedEx is already tracking it.

These delays must be because of the i7 processor.  I didn't order mine with one since reports showed only a 3 to 4% increase in performance.  This is due to most games / applications not being optimized for a Quad Core processor.  Either way, mine is on the way and now I get to see if I get the audio stuttering problem.  For record, here is my specs on my machine:

Core2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz 2 x 2048MB
17.0in, WUXGA,LCD,ANW,M17X
1GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - SLI Enabled (NB10E-GT1)
500GB 7,200RPM (xMB Cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

No Events found!