Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2012 21:00

X51 Delayed 3 weeks already

I ordered mid november and was givin a 12/3 delivery now it's 12/11 in production all this time anyone know why? I ordered a stock configuration. Nothing special.

December 4th, 2012 10:00

Hello BEATWALLST,

Send us an e-mail to awsocialmedia@dell.com please include your order number, phone number and brief description of the issue.

29 Posts

December 6th, 2012 05:00

Now it's delayed to 12/18, I'm probably going to cancell my order. I needed this by Christmas.

December 11th, 2012 15:00

BEATWALLST

Send me a PM with your order number I'll take a look for the status.

29 Posts

December 12th, 2012 21:00

After 3 weeks they now had to cancell my order, because the wireless card that was on order is different. It took 3 weeks to tell me this. now they say I need to re-order again and wait another 2-3 weeks. is this crazy?

December 12th, 2012 22:00

I went through the same thing. Eventually I got my X51.... have had problems untill my motheboard was replaced for it consistantly booting to BIOS. Computer still booted to BIOS after MB replacement. Had to do a system format and reinstallation because my Recovery kept saying "Incompatible Verion Number". Now my WiFi wont work and the eject button for CD/Bluray wont eject discs. Reading these forums is depressing. I sent a request through to have a supervisor call me through the tech support page. I'll give Alienware another chance here, I really had a lot of faith in Alienware -- but its ebbing.

1 Message

December 12th, 2012 23:00

All of these posts are making me regret buying alienware so bad for christmas. I hope i dont have any issues

29 Posts

December 13th, 2012 07:00

I've been a Dell customer since 1998. This company has gone downhill since. Cutomer service stinks, quality of their products has dropped and the whole buying experience is terrible. Now they have my reordered X51 pushed back to 1/4. Between waiting near 7 weeks for this and reading all the issues makes me really think I should just cancel this.

December 13th, 2012 09:00

Iwanttobelieve

Sounds to me that your system is missing the drivers for the Optical drive and wireless, install them and let me know how it goes!

December 13th, 2012 18:00

Karen,

The drivers you suggested worked great. Thank you. I was never contacted by tech support per my email request. I still have a video card issue. The tech supprt person that came to my home to replace my motherboard suggested I contact customer support to address this. Turned out the tech support that stated I needed a new mother board was incorrect because, even with the MB replacment my computer still booted to BIOS. I was advised to reinstatll windows - caused me to lose a lot of irreplaceable phots. I finally got the computer to boot past bios, windows has been installed, all drivers are in. The Alienware command center wont install from the CD, or the downloaded version (a long error message is displayed, I am not near it now, im sorry I cant provide it in the email)  Please advise how I should procede. Thanks again for your help.

29 Posts

December 14th, 2012 06:00

Now they tell me I have to re order yet again and it's sitting 4 days in the order processing stage. What is going on 4 weeks already and I still don't have a pc yet. It's time to file a complaint with the BBB.

29 Posts

December 14th, 2012 13:00

Now it's set for early January, this will be 6 weeks, who thinks this is normal?

December 20th, 2012 14:00

Iwanttobelieve

Did you installed the .Net Framework before you start the command center installation?

4 Posts

December 26th, 2012 13:00

just keep away from Dell, they are so bad, my order delayed 16days, and motherboard fails once i got it, hate dell,  looking for return it, and no more Dell in future.

No Events found!