Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 16:00

X51 Random Restarts/TDR Failure/Failing GPU test...

Hi,

I have the X51 and it's always been a problem if I'm honest. I've had this same problem before and a Dell technician was sent out twice to replace the Graphics card with the first not working and the second one sorting the problem. Now it seems the same thing is happening again! Keeps failing the GPU tests and restarting, will randomly restart or restart during games. I ran the ePSA tests and it all passed (God knows how).

I have gone through all the steps I was told before and I don't want to do them again, getting bored of this. Everything is up to date as far as I know. I've seen this problem everywhere so someone must have an idea?

Any help appreciated x

49 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 21:00

what gpu do you have installed ? You might need to clean install you gpu driver. First download the latest gpu driver NVIDIA/AMD. And then download the DDU (display driver uninstaller) its a tooll that will erase all your previuos driver that you have installed it will wife out clean. Just follow the toolkit make sure you choose to boot on safe mode. My system is not restarting or anything except that I am getting this display driver has stopped and recovered. 

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 13:00

I have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 which is the standard one with the desktop I think? Will try these steps, thanks!

No Events found!