Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2012 15:00

X51 will not start up?

I was very excited to unbox my new computer when it arrived on November 14. Today I'm so dissapointed to say that, my new X51 just does not work. It only Beeps five times. After Hours on the phone, a Dell technician had to come and change the graphics card wich did nothing good; It still wont start. Dell technician had to call tech. support from my place to know what to do next? So after a while, they dicided to try and change the motherboard last tuesday. technician was supposed to get the Motherboard on the next day, but since then, nobody contacted me. Today is November 23. I tried contacting customer care and all I get are automated messages. I'm running out of reasons to trust Dell, and wonder if I should just get my 1500$ back? I've waited too long already.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 17:00

NickDely

Moving this thread to the Alienware Owners Club Forum.

Bev.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

November 26th, 2012 14:00

Hello NickDely,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with your new system, but we'll be more than glad to help you. Please send us an e-mail to AWsocialmedia@dell.com with your service tag and contact information, it is very important that on that e-mail you include the link to this thread and a brief explanation of the issue that you are experiencing, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

15 Posts

November 29th, 2012 10:00

novembre 29

Still on Stand by for the tech. to come back and change the motherboard...

It's a shame really. Monday, They told me it will be fixed by the end of the week.(same as the week before)  Now is thursday an I Have To Call Them Again! to know what's going on? !

15 Posts

November 30th, 2012 07:00

Last night, they told me they would call me back asap..Today, novembre 30, I had to call them again and they told me, that the person responsible for my file is off duty and that no one else can make a decision about my case. until tomorow that is... like every other day before that...

[AMIN NOTE: Post Edited per TOU Violation] 

15 Posts

November 30th, 2012 11:00

Thanks Natalia!

After I kind of got angry on the phone this morning, someone finally called me back, and I now know, a tech. near me should contact me Monday. With the motherboard.

I hate the fact that I had to get angry to get answers. I apreciate all the support I can get.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

November 30th, 2012 11:00

Let me take over, please accept my friend request and send a PM with your service tag, I'll review your case.

15 Posts

December 4th, 2012 05:00

december 4

No one called, no email, nothing...

This is not a technical problem anymore.

It's a major customer service issue.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

December 4th, 2012 08:00

Hello Nick,

Please send me a PM with your service tag to review your case.

No Events found!