Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2013 19:00

aurora, brand new, will not work at all, after working flawlessly

Dear Ladies and gents... OK, I have a brand new r4, worked flawlessly for a couple of months, I replaced  or pulled the ee cpu with an equally new pulled cpu the 3960xEE, (just like the priginal. I took all precautions, static necklace, etc. rubber gloves handling the cpu's, etc.. Now, my r4 will not boot, will not start, nothing, I've tried this on two other ar4's and it is the same thing, did I do something wrong? I carefully put the "dome" back in place atop the cpu with the best thermal pasted, just two tiny drops, as instructed. Can anyone please help or give suggestions, please? I don't want this rig, to be a doorstop, this really hurts, and I have no warranty because the 90days are long gone, I can't thank-you enough in advance, Sincerely, Rob

August 30th, 2013 19:00

Hi Rob1910, I would recommend you to double check all the connections on the computer, you can use this video. If everything is properly connected, the you can follow this article whit the necessary troubleshooting steps for this problem. Also, you can try to use the processor the computer came with, there is a possibility that the problem might actually be that the processor you installed is defective. 

41 Posts

April 16th, 2014 19:00

Hi Dani :-) Better late to reply than never. I still can't get my other CPU to work, it was a brand new one, too. Is it compatible with the Aurora R4 with the 4960xEE? Thanks again, Always, Bob

1.8K Posts

April 17th, 2014 10:00

Hi!

The i7-4960X is compatible with the AURORA R4.

I think the problem might have been caused by a defective part or during the installation process. Did you get the computer to work with the original CPU?

No Events found!