Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2014 05:00

cooling system compatible with Alienware Aurora r4

first I apologize for my poor english.

secondly I hope this will be a reference for all those who wants to replace the cooling system in Aurora R4.

far away from all the problems we had with the original cooling system and the awful work that dell put it in this particular product. ( They didn't even send us an heads-up email about any potential problems with the cpu cooling system ! )

I actually lost faith in dell, so I decided to replace this awful cooling system before it's damage my $1000 cpu, and never use theirs cpu cooling ever again. 

so I want to ask you guys, those who replaced the cooling system with some other brands out there, what is the best choice?

because I am really confused, whether I take the
Corsair h80i, h80, h55 or
Cool Master 120v, 120m

and are they really compatible with the aurora ?

162 Posts

May 23rd, 2014 18:00

While I replaced my with the Corsair H80i and I am very happy with it. It matched my CPU perfectly

6 Posts

May 24th, 2014 07:00

While I replaced my with the Corsair H80i and I am very happy with it. It matched my CPU perfectly

did you replaced the fan to ? because I thought that if you used the new fan of h80i you will get an error every time you boot your pc !?

162 Posts

May 24th, 2014 07:00

Will on the H80i , you plug the two fans into the unit itself. you need to take the two wire connector and plug it into the CPU fan, that's what I did. I've had absolutely no errors and runs better than the factories cooling system. There is literally a massive chat room here about overheating and cooling , you will see everyone talking about it. Most of us have chosen this cooling system. I also believe a push, pull fan system is better than a single fan. I went from 190°f to 78°f with the system much better
No Events found!