Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2012 02:00

m17x frame rate drop and RAM capped

hello everyone, iv tryed my best to find a answer for my problem with my m17x but i cant find it anywhere, so forgive me if this has been discussed already

i purchased a m17x off someone some time ago, at first it worked great i was amazed at how great it worked with games, then one day i couldn't run some of my games at its full spec, atm im only really playing Skyrim and WoW and Batman AC and have major frame rate drops, iv noticed after monitor it with AMD System monitor that the ram is capped but the GPU shoots to 100%, temp sits around 71c max and this is running skyrim at medium and can only just manage to move around easily, next test was the same results but on ultra but i couldn't move as freely as i did on medium, WoW basicly has the same thing also, is there a reason why the memory would be capped or is there something else going on here?

someone help direct me otherwise i have googled and googled everywhere for an answer but it just seems like im stuck with it

i7 2720QM 2.2ghz
16Gb Ram
1.5T HDD
AMD  Raedon HD 6900M
Win7 Pro 64bit

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 18th, 2012 16:00

jjm1987,

You should have the AC adapter plugged in while gaming. What system Bios are you running on the M17x-R3? What video card driver, Dell or retail? What video card driver version?

2 Posts

September 19th, 2012 03:00

ac plugged in all the time (literally)Bios is Alienware A10 recently updated via dell support , Ive used just about every thing i can to properly identify my Display (device manager and CPU-Z say the same thing) and all it ever tells me is what i wrote in the first post,  is there any other way of identifying it? otherwise its Driver Ver is 8.851.2.0

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 19th, 2012 14:00

Send me the service tag number via private message (Click my username and then Start a Conversation).

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 20th, 2012 04:00

8.851.2 A02 is the latest M17x-R3 AMD Radeon HD6970m driver we have to offer. I think you should post the issues out here. Ask them how to get the newer retail driver loaded on the Dell Alienware M17x-R3. forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x

No Events found!