Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2011 16:00

nvidia 285.62, P08 driver... Tech supp answers.

I own a m17x r3.  Arrived to my door in mid august.  Since then have been unable to play bf3.  The well documented issue is the inabliity to update to the nivida 285.62 drivers.  On 10/31/11 Dell released a beta driver on their website.  After 2 days and phone calls to alienware tech supp the update is still not installed on my system.  I have completed a fresh install and still not working.  Finally after contacting customer care and going on conference call I was told by tech support that the driver on Dell's website is not compatable with most systems that it states its compatible with.  The Tech said at maximum the fix will take one month... If anybody has similar stories or a fix for this issue post here..

148 Posts

November 1st, 2011 21:00

Download and install the driver direct from Nvidia or hit the notebook review forums for links to the 285.62 with modded inf.

I  loaded the driver from Nvidia on my M14X when it was released with no issues.Thiswas far less frustrating than depending on Dell/Alienware to get their respective act together.

215 Posts

November 2nd, 2011 06:00

Ian,

You can try downloading from Nvidia first, as JD636 mentioned.  If that does not work try the steps below:

1. Download the requested driver and the modified .inf file.

www.laptopvideo2go.com/.../disclaimer

2. Unpack the driver

3. Replace the .inf file with the modified one you downloaded

4. Launch the setup and install the driver.

These steps were posted in the notebook review forums, which seem to be working for a lot of people.

Good luck.

No Events found!