Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

April 29th, 2015 13:00

"WiTunesAlienFXPlugin.dll" could not load in 64-Bit Mode - AGAIN!

UNIT:  Alienware X51-R2

iTunes VERSION:  12.1.2.27

It appears that with the newest version of iTunes, it cannot use the existing version of the WiTunesAlienFXPlugin.dll . 

Will this DLL be upgraded to 64-bit so that it will work with future versions of iTunes?

If not, is there a manual fix to the DLL that can make it work with iTunes?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 29th, 2015 14:00

On the bottom right corner of the Windows taskbar, there is a little Alien head icon. Right click on the icon to get some options, click on the 'Enable 3rd party AlienFX Access' option and make sure its checked. After doing this, open itunes and press CTRL T to activate it. 

Please let me know if this works. 

May 2nd, 2015 13:00

It "works" but I still get the error message.  Should I just check the box in the warning message to ignore the message when it comes up?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 4th, 2015 09:00

Yes, check the box to ignore the message. I do not believe this should cause any problems.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Message

May 13th, 2015 23:00

I still have this problem.. 3rd Party access enabled and all, but it keeps saying the plug-in is not compatible with the new 64-bit iTunes.. The visualizer isn't even an option in iTunes.. Plenty of others are having this problem as well..

1 Message

June 5th, 2015 09:00

For us with older systems need the 64 bit plug in for itunes. We cannot load the newer versions of command center because you do not write them for older systems like mine, the M18xr2. So now I am sitting here with a gimped machine because of lack of support. I have asked time and time again for a update and I keep getting ignored.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2015 13:00

I'm having the issue as well.

I have the Alienware Aurora (Late 2009), Windows 10, fully updated iTunes and Windows, and no help from Dell.

Yes, I have the 3rd party AlienFX enabled.

I believe the post above that Dell already stopped support for this model, which is just another reason why I won't be a customer anymore.

When I first bought my PC, they couldn't figure out that my gtx460 SLI GPUs were overheating. Literally, they couldn't figure it out. I had to figure it out on my own. By that time, my warranty was expired and I was down a GPU for years. I will never forget that.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 22nd, 2015 17:00

I'm having the issue as well.

I have the Alienware Aurora (Late 2009), Windows 10, fully updated iTunes and Windows, and no help from Dell.

Yes, I have the 3rd party AlienFX enabled.

I believe the post above that Dell already stopped support for this model, which is just another reason why I won't be a customer anymore.

Is Command Center otherwise working properly on Windows-10 (64-bit) ?

What version of CC are you currently running on your Aurora R1?

1 Message

August 31st, 2015 23:00

Hi mate,

I have the latest Alienware 13 running windows 8.1. Struggling with the same issue with the message popping up in the latest itunes and can not get the visualisation effects to work at all, however they work in windows media player etc. Guessing the problem is isolated to the latest itunes.

Tom

314 Posts

December 23rd, 2015 19:00

come on alienware, release 64bit version already

January 25th, 2016 09:00

I've done everything.
I enabled third party Alien FX Access.

I transferred the WiTunesAlienFXPlugin.dll from C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\Media Plugin\iTunes to C:\Users\Dr.Carlos\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins

And still nothing works. I even contacted Alienware customer support, and all what he did was uninstalling the Alien Command Center and reinstalling it and that didn't make any difference.

I seriously want this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

January 25th, 2016 17:00

Can a 32 bit iTunes work on a 64 bit Windows?

And if so, what should I expect when I uninstall my 64 bit iTunes and install the 32 bit one?

Thanks in advance.

314 Posts

January 25th, 2016 17:00

if you really want it. just download the 32bit version of itunes and it will work. too bad alienware completely ignore 64bit dll file for itunes

314 Posts

January 30th, 2016 07:00

of course it works. windows runs 32bits software

12 Posts

February 9th, 2016 12:00

It simply won't install here; it says I SHOULD download the 64 bits version!

314 Posts

April 8th, 2016 05:00

come on alienware, give us 64bit dll version already. 

No Events found!