Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2016 01:00

tech question

I have a tech question, I did a autopsy on my M17x r1,to replace the dvd drive.I'm a good computer tech,so i know my way around,after having to remove 2. Remove the battery pack  3. Remove the center control cover 4. Remove the keyboard  5. Remove the palm rest  6. Remove the left and right brackets  7. Remove the magnesium cover 8. Remove the input/output board just to remove the the optical drive. Then go in reverse to re assemble.I lost two little connector latches,one for the keyboard cable and it looks like the one for the cable to the center control cover.

Now I can't get it to turn on.

My first question:I didn't hook up the keyboard cable due to not having the clip.does the keyboard cable need to be connected for it to power on? could it be a cable issue with the center control cover? i'm 99.5% positive all other wires and cable are connected right.

second question: does anyone have a dead board they could either put the plastic clip off for me, or sell me the dead board so I can salvage the clips? 

as far as using it with out the keyboard connected if that isn't the issue I was just going to use a wireless or usb keyboard till I can get a dead board to salvage.I believe that's the spot,but the plastic piece I'm looking for looks like that.This is from a stock photo.

7802.s-l1600.jpg

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 18th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

Check that the indicator cover cable (where the power button is located) is properly connected and yes, on this model the KB needs to be connected for the system to turn on.

Let me know if you need something else!

November 18th, 2016 15:00

OK is their some way to connect the cable with out the plastic  Hold down/clip part (mickey mouse it) or would you know where I might be able to salvage one,maybe from a dead MB.I'll try to post a photo of the piece I need.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2016 11:00

You might get one on Ebay: M17xR1 indicator cover cable.

No Events found!