Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 9th, 2018 23:00

17 R5, not connecting to League of Legends

So I have been going back and forth with Riot support on this and I found a solution to me not being able to connect to the server. I had been getting an "Unexpected error" and it wouldn't let me connect to the servers. The "fix" for it was to do a clean reboot. Now that the clean reboot has been done and I can connect to the servers, I want to know if anyone knows what service that a brand new AW 17 R5 runs that prevents me from connecting to their servers. I would like to turn the services that I turned off back on, but there's like 40 different services and going through them 1 by 1 will be a pain and if anyone knows the answer then that would save me a lot of trouble to go through.

Thanks.

4 Posts

October 9th, 2018 23:00

So after some troubleshooting, I figured out that it was the Killer Network Service, and inside the Killer Command Center there's an option to turn off the Advanced Stream Detect. Once that's off, I've had no problems connecting to LoL (League of Legends).

1 Message

October 16th, 2018 19:00

THANKS YOU ARE A HERO

January 4th, 2019 14:00

This also resolved the problem I was having with world of warCraft. Once I turned off the Advanced Stream Detect everything started working fine.

wowError.JPG

2 Posts

February 13th, 2019 12:00

I had to use the Ethernet cable to connect to lol, looks like the wifi does not work if you want to play lol

February 7th, 2020 22:00

i have the older gen of the alienware aurora and i dont have access to the killer command control so how do i solve my problem 

No Events found!