Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 24th, 2018 15:00

17 R5, AWCC.Background.Server, what is it?

There's always this thing running in my task manager always taking up a few gigs of my ram, so what is it?

3 Posts

December 13th, 2018 16:00

Hi,

I was have same problem with my Alienware 17 R5 and I found a solution on BDO forum with this problem.

You need to download lightfx.dll 

Replace this file in folder Windows\System32\ 

and you are done. Have fun

Just in case here is the link where I found the solution

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 24th, 2018 19:00

Hi, 

That is the Alienware Command Center software. Are you experiencing any performance problems?

5 Posts

August 25th, 2018 10:00

It's coming in conflict with a game I'm playing. The game changes the settings and freezes the lighting applied by AWCC and sometimes AWCC crashes the game with a "not enough RAM"  message. I have 16GBs and am running nothing but the game, there's no way that's true.

When the game messes up my lighting, I have to reinstall AWCC for anything to work anymore. When AWCC crashes my game, it crashes on startup due to a corrupt file and I have to redownload the game. 

So, how do I stop AWCC from affecting my game, and vice versa? I was told to right click on the AWCC in the taskbar and stop other applications from affecting AWCC but now I'm told that the new versions of AWCC isn't even in the taskbar. So where do I do this?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 27th, 2018 21:00

Hi, 

Thanks for explaining this. Send me your Service Tag in a PM, so we can look further into this. 

August 28th, 2018 10:00

I am also having this issue, the memory usage keeps increasing and making my games shut down due to low memory.

September 3rd, 2018 09:00

i have the same issue, on a lot of games (not just some), the AWCC.Background.Server is takeing alot of RAM (3-8 GB), and i'm not even sure why, since there is no reason for that big amound of RAM needed. The Games are closing cuz there is no RAM left for the game. Is there any solution for this? Its freaking me off. I've even deinstalled the Alienware Command Center. After that 2 of the games i play not even starts. I Installed the AWCC again and they start again.

19 Posts

September 3rd, 2018 09:00

What Version of AWCC are you getting these errors on? Also can you confirm whether its AWCC up the memory? It's possible there is a memory leak from the AWCC. Although im not having this issue on AWCC 4.7.9 it may be present on a different release.

September 3rd, 2018 15:00

The AWCC version is 5.2.1.0 A00 - and most of the time the Service is getting in struggles. As well i can see it happen when the lightning ist struggling, like the picked default design just stop working and the keyboard starts getting non lights.

September 4th, 2018 03:00

I've deinstalled the 5.2 Version and installed the 5.0 version. Now there is no game at all starting for any reason, just a Black Screen when i start a game. So back to the 5.2 version

1 Message

September 26th, 2018 11:00

I have the same problem. Did you solve this problem?

1 Message

November 8th, 2018 00:00

I am having the same problem but did not realize so many others were. I was thinking if they replaced my system it would solve problem but now after reading this thread I can see it will not

5 Posts

November 12th, 2018 23:00

Having similar issue. Laptop starts shutting down background software first, then the game and graphics driver crash. All while AWCC.Background.Server is chewing through my RAM.

1 Message

December 4th, 2018 11:00

Having the same issue. New Alienware 15 bought last month. AWCC high ram usage is causing games to crash. Any fix for this yet?

3 Posts

December 17th, 2018 11:00

AWCC update done and it is broke all again so I had to replace lightfx again and all works fine. I think I need to write a thiket about that.

3 Posts

December 19th, 2018 02:00

I was trying to report this bug and solution to support. But I was telling that my insurance don't allow me that and no way to I can do this. 

No Events found!