Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2018 07:00

15 R3, Alienware sound center help

Hi  I have Alienware 15 R3. I have reinstalled the clean Windows because I have a Windows 10 pro x64; I have reinstalled all the drivers but I couldn't find the mixer for the sound card. I think the name is Alienware sound center.  Can someone please help me with a link?

thank you 

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 06:00

ok i find the solution ..... 

download "Realtek ALC3266 Audio Driver", extract the files in to a folder and go to Nahimic folder open it and there it is AWSoundCenter.exe .

4 Posts

May 22nd, 2018 14:00

UP ... nobody? 

4 Posts

July 6th, 2018 10:00

Go here and download the audio driver 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/product/alienware-17-r3/drivers

extract the files ion a folder and go to \RealtekHDAudio\Nahimic .... you will find the AWSoundCenter.exe

10 Posts

July 6th, 2018 10:00

Hello.

I have recently purchased an AW 15r4 and I was also looking for this Nahimic add-on. However, the instructions herein are incorrect now. I've downloaded the ALC3266 driver package but once extracted there is no folder for this 'sound center'.

The path which leads to anything with 'Nahimic' in the name is now:

RealtekHDAudio\Win64\ThirdParty\A-Volute\A-Volute APO - SWC

But I can't see anything therein which would be an independent application.

Thoughts?

mS

10 Posts

July 7th, 2018 21:00

Thanks!

Although, it wasn't in the r3 rev you pointed to as the download list had drivers for a 'SoundBlaster' card. However, with a little more sleuthing, I was able to find it in the r4 repository.

But sadly after all of that, I'm getting an error on the installation for the package indicating that my system isn't compatible with that release of the software. Yes, I've extracted and attempting to install the package from the folder within the extracted package. /sadface.

10 Posts

July 8th, 2018 20:00

I've actually solved this problem.

It looks as if AW/Dell has wrapped the SoundCenter application layer into the new AW Command Center. I have 0 experience with these software packages as this is my first AW device. So I wasn't sure about what I should be looking for in general. I just knew the audio sounded like a mummy fart on a breezy day; faint and airy.

Anyway, after I bumped the BIOS on my laptop, the previous release of AW CC failed to load. Initially I was thinking that something was jacked with the installer but I had come across a few other posts indicating that an uninstall and reinstall was necessary to get things lined back up. After this, the new AW CC runs as expected. But towards the point of this post, the CC also has a section for audio; bass boost, loudness, etc.. I have no point of reference with the previous version of 'Sound Center' but this seems to help the audio for this laptop so I'm happy with that.

Hope this helps someone else.

12 Posts

July 25th, 2018 12:00

As Bob Ross used to say .. "somewhere there is located the sound center"..
Is located in the "C:\Program Files\Alienware\AWSoundCenter\UserInterface\AWSoundCenterUILauncher.exe"

(whichever driver you have installed)

find it easily by typing "Alienware Sound Center" in the Start - Search 

10 Posts

July 26th, 2018 08:00

Negative. If you have a newer system which eventually gets the Realtek updates, that will soon disappear. I guarantee it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'll likely need to update the AW CC in order to get this feature as the Realtek driver update will remove it and likely no longer work with the work around. Good luck

36 Posts

July 29th, 2018 22:00

May I ask for the exact Alienware Command Center version that you installed? 

12 Posts

July 30th, 2018 01:00

Version: 4.8.23.0 ,A00
Release Date: 06 Jun 2018
File Name: Alienware-Command-Center-for-Notebooks_K3YVP_WIN64_4.8.23.0_A00.EXE
File size: 134.9 MB

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04610645M/1/Alienware-Command-Center-for-Notebooks_K3YVP_WIN64_4.8.23.0_A00.EXE

10 Posts

July 30th, 2018 18:00

Hi there...

I've installed D6HRD_WIN_5.1.27.0_A.

The installer is the one found on the support downloads page: Alienware Command Center

10 Posts

July 30th, 2018 18:00

@Spor-FM I'm not sure what your referencing here but that will not work on a newer 15r4. The package will either

1. Fail to install
  2. Fail to start once you've installed the package.

I'm sure that the sound driver would likely install without complaint but be missing bits but trying to spin up the old 'Sound Center' will just not work. If it works for you, great... you're probably going to be seeing some errors if you update your BIOS. This was the exact problem I ran into.

Again, we're talking about a 15r4; the NEW AW 15 laptop. Why would you want to run an older driver package on a new system? It just does not seem like a good idea since you'd likely not have a configuration which utilizes the new hardware to it's limits.

Anyway, good luck.

12 Posts

July 31st, 2018 06:00

MK-4 who started this post, was referring to an Alienware R3 15.
I have the same model.

10 Posts

August 5th, 2018 21:00

Fair enough. I hope it continues to work for you.

219 Posts

August 8th, 2018 19:00

@tradesmith wrote:

@Spor-FM I'm not sure what your referencing here but that will not work on a newer 15r4. The package will either

1. Fail to install
  2. Fail to start once you've installed the package.

I'm sure that the sound driver would likely install without complaint but be missing bits but trying to spin up the old 'Sound Center' will just not work. If it works for you, great... you're probably going to be seeing some errors if you update your BIOS. This was the exact problem I ran into.

Again, we're talking about a 15r4; the NEW AW 15 laptop. Why would you want to run an older driver package on a new system? It just does not seem like a good idea since you'd likely not have a configuration which utilizes the new hardware to it's limits.

Anyway, good luck.

If you are truly using either Dell Alienware 15 R4 or Alienware 17 R5 laptop, you must download the Alienware Sound Center UWP app from the Microsoft store (need Realtek audio driver 6.0.1.8467 from this package installed first - and of course be using Windows 10 v1709 or v1803 and with an active internet connection to download & install the UWP version of Alienware Sound Center).  this UWP version is different from the WPF/desktop version of Alienware Sound Center found in older Alienware models.

No Events found!