Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

24 Posts

November 7th, 2021 22:00

Area-51m R?, battery

So I’ve had a odd issue, if I take the back panel off my laptop charges and everything when I put it on. It will say overheated battery I bought a new one, same issue. The back panel has the thermal stuff on it and everything I’m assuming it could be a hardware issue. I redownloaded the battery section in device manager and now restoring computer. I’m wondering if this doesn’t fix it what this could be, I work on computers and never had something like this happen, it’s stumping me. The connector to the motherboard from the battery is also not damaged. It works with ac Adaptor plugged in.

2 Intern

• 

154 Posts

November 15th, 2021 23:00

That's rough. So it has been working fine for a year+. I find it difficult that suddenly a connector would fail.  It's easy to do a factory re-image of the boot-drive.  I do it once a year.
Before, ensure the Firmware/Bios/Intel Chipset are up to date. Intel Driver Assist and Dell Support websites are auto-sensing and work very well.

24 Posts

November 16th, 2021 09:00

The old port looks solid no corrosion or anything broken. So if it works tonight I’ll let you know.

24 Posts

November 16th, 2021 09:00

Did all that and still the same. I did change the dc input and it charged? Then I let it die tried the old port then both wouldn’t charge. Got it to charge again. Going to let it die and try the new port only.

24 Posts

November 16th, 2021 10:00

Nvm now won’t turn on without charger and says battery disabled and the laptop is cold

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

November 16th, 2021 13:00

remove the battery and then run off the AC power adapter. Then hard shutdown the laptop by holding the power button and then plug in the battery and turn it back on.

24 Posts

November 16th, 2021 13:00

Alright I’ll let you know how that turns out once I’m off work.

24 Posts

November 18th, 2021 09:00

Still nothing and sorry been busy with school and work lol. I did those steps with same issue. I got a new laptop due to this issue, can’t get my school work done lol. I also tried a new charger on it. Nothing. So last idea from me is motherboard or internal cord from battery to mb unless you got more ideas?

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

December 3rd, 2021 07:00

Its most likely the AC adapter jack itself but i have bad memory so did you test it without the battery connected and power it on with adapter only?

No Events found!