Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

6 Posts

November 14th, 2019 01:00

Area-51m, multiple issues

I have been using this laptop for over 3 months now. All software/hardware updates are installed as soon as they arrive. Diagnostics says everything is okay. But thus far, I have faced/still facing the following issues:

1. Random freeze for 5-6 seconds. Keeps happening every 30 mins to an hour. Reliability History doesn't show what happened.

2. Macro keys stop working. I believe this is software related(Alienware Command Centre) as i have saved a few 'Single keystroke' macros and one 'text block' macro. For no apparent reason, the text block macro will stop working until i restart the system. I have tried removing and adding the macro to the same or different key but it still won't work. But the Single Keystroke macro continue working, even AFTER removing them from the key.

3. Sometimes the laptop would start on Low performance mode even though both Power bricks are connected. I have to re-plug them when this happens to fix the issue.

4. I have had random crashes (one BSOD) from time to time. One time, I had an external display connected via HDMI and was on 'Extended display' mode; the laptop crashed, I had to hard reset it using the power button as it was infinitely restarting via Ctrl+alt+del. The Laptop booted up on 'Microsoft Display driver' instead of the 2080 rtx. As i went through Device manager, i realized the graphic card wasnt detected at all and the PCIe x16 drivers had issues with starting. Despite multiple restarts, the problem persisted. Ultimately i had to download and reinstall the PCIe x16 drivers.

Details from the BSOD:

Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎06-‎11-‎2019 03:37

Status
Not reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 116
Parameter 1: ffffca001ade0010
Parameter 2: fffff8049f486b34
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: d
OS version: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.100
Locale ID: 1033

Having paid over 5000$ for this laptop, it's really disappointing to see these issues. I feel the Software still has bugs and the product was rushed for sale.

I hope nobody else faces these issues but if you do and you find a solution, please do share.

Update = Thank you, we went ahead and created a repair order to swap out the SSD. We'll ship out an SSD to the tech and he'll contact you to schedule up an appointment at your earliest convenience.
DELL-Cares

3 Posts

January 30th, 2020 00:00

right every single detail you have mentioned up there specially the part of sudden retart with 2 power bricks

attached 

No Events found!