Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 5th, 2018 23:00

Dell scan for updates

Hello all,

Anybody know how I can get the list of updates for my system that might be available at Dell support.

I used to be able to go to the support website and let Dell scan my PC, then a list of what was would be created and I could choose to install or not. I tried using the Supportassist feature but it gives me an error and says its gathering the tests but does nothing. Alien Autopsy says everything is ok, but it's not. I'm starting to have a lot of little issues and was hoping to do a general update check. USB ports quit working sometimes, doesn't come out sleep mode right, desktop icons jumping around, connecting to wireless network screwy.

My laptop is 4-5 year old M18R2. Running Win7 SP1.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dino

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 6th, 2018 08:00

Please select Detect Drivers in the link below. The Dell utility will automatically search drivers and firmware for the system.

Support for Alienware M18x R2 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

Or...

Download and run the Dell Update Application from your Dell Product Support page. Dell Update is a software that automatically updates critical fixes and important device drivers as they become available. This ensures that your computer has the most critical updates without you having to check online and install them yourself.

Dell Update - Overview and common questions | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 6th, 2018 09:00

Lastly, 

Just in case you want to manually install drivers and firmware:

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

February 6th, 2018 13:00

Wow! Thank you very much!

No Events found!