Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 25th, 2018 03:00

15 R3, OC controls error

I have a problem with alienware 15 r3 when using command center and pressing on button oc controls, windows is the same that came laptop with but oc controls stoped working after some uptate of windows... how can i fix this, i tryied verisions for this laptop for oc controls but got the same error.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 28th, 2018 09:00

@morkovu,

At this point I will advise you to try the repaste. 

14 Posts

November 26th, 2018 14:00

Thx, i solve that problem but i have one more question, is it ok that my laptop temperature is going 92 degres when gaming?  Or should i open it and repaste the thermal compound? I have maxed out alienware 15 r3 1080 gtx 32 gb ram and so on (i have warranty and premium support)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 26th, 2018 14:00

Hi @morkovu,

Uninstall and reinstall the Command Center, following ALL the steps on this article.

Or you can try a system restore back to a previous date before the issue started. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 27th, 2018 11:00

@morkovu, that temperature is normal. Regarding repaste, yes, you can try that.

Also, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to improve temperatures:

1. Update the BIOS / driver / firmware to the most recent revision from the Dell Support site

1. Disable the NVidia G-Synch (only applicable on G-Synch supported models.)

1. Right click on the desktop

2. Select the Nvidia Control Panel

3. Click on Set up G-Synch in the left hand side menu

4. Uncheck the box next to Enable G-Synch

5. Click on Apply

2. Restart the PC and enter the BIOS by tapping rapidly on the F2 key during POST

3. Navigate to the Advanced tab and select Performance Options and press the Enter key

4. Change the CPU Performance Mode to Enabled

5. Set the Core OverClocking Level to OC LV 3 and press the Enter key

6. Press the F10 key to save the changes and exit the BIOS

2. When the system boots up, using the pre-installed software Dell SupportAssisst run the stress test.

Dell SupportAssist > Hardware Checkup > CPU > CPU stress test

Stress Test

3. Launch the Alienware Command Center and go to Fusion and monitor the CPU frequency. Ensure that the CPU frequency is within the range during the first 5 minutes

Performance Mode + Highest Level OC (If Applicable) CPU Frequency
Intel Processor i9-8950HK in Overclocked level 3 mode 2900MHz~5000MHz
Intel Processor i7-8750H in performance mode 2200MHz~4100MHz
Intel Processor i5-8300H in performance mode 2300MHz~4000MHz

1. Monitor the CPU temperature on the Fusion page

• The CPU peak temperature should not be greater than 100 ℃

• When under high stress, the system average temperature can be expected to be up to 95 ℃

Fusion Page

14 Posts

November 27th, 2018 12:00

For i7-7820hk what is the frequency i need to have, thx for the info tho :heart:

14 Posts

November 27th, 2018 22:00

i did what u said with oc level 3 and cpu stress and it remain at 3.5 ghz while at temp 94 celsius, but when i tried to play pubg so the gpu working too i got bluescreen after 10 minutes of playing, i think i am getting the bluescreen when it reach the max temp, i switched back to cpu dissabled in bios so my laptop won't blow the fans all day

14 Posts

May 8th, 2019 20:00

Sorry for posting after soo much time but i tryied to solve it with my waranty reseller. They change my cooling system but now i see that the problem maybe from the beggining was the nvme overheating while transfering some data. I made a test last time and copy some files from hardisk to nvme and the nvme got to 116 degreese, i have the video and i can reproduce it anytime, at the moment i moved my windows on hardisk and nvme is free exept partitions from dell and alienware. I tried to use it without nvme but it not boot . I am always having problem with overheating and i get alot of fps drop even in not demanding games. and last time i tried to save data from nvme it totaly crassed and give me blue screen and the alienware recovery didn't find any suspicios every time.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2019 11:00

Hi @morkovu

If the system is still under warranty, send me a private message with the Service Tag. Otherwise you can always contact our out of warranty department (USA/CANADA) at 866 287 6727 opt#4 for more repair options.

14 Posts

May 9th, 2019 13:00

@Alienware-Eimy 

Done, i added some more info there about history and what i tried.

No Events found!