Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

March 12th, 2019 03:00

m15, Gaming Laptop, VT-x/VT-d support?

Hello,

I'm buying Dell Alienware m15 Gaming Laptop with CPU type Intel Core i7-8750H. I need to make sure that it supports Virtualization Technology (VT-x/VT-d) before buying it. So anyone can support and provide link for the supported features?

Thanks.

May 12th, 2019 14:00

I bought the m15 a couple of months  ago.I downloaded virtual box to install some virtual machines but end up figuring out that the bios does not show the option for virtualisation.I have the 1.6.2 version of BIOS installed.Any updates about when this will be added ? 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 12th, 2019 15:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @kostaskapas 

Did you turn off Hyper-v in the BIOS???

Look here.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-General-Read-Only/Alienware-x51-R2-and-Intel-Virtualization/td-p/5522293

Best regards,

U2

May 12th, 2019 15:00

Thanks for the response.

I turned off Hyper V by turning the corresponding windows feature off.

I also run the command successfully from the other post  but no lack for the Linux Virtual Machine.

From what i checked in the BIOS settings i cant see any Hyper-V setting.

Is there a setting?

Bios SettingsBios Settings

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 12th, 2019 16:00

@kostaskapas 

Since Dell does not publish "BIOS Simulators" for their computers I would have to check and see what models I have at work and see what I can find then.

I will check in the morning.

Regards,

U2

1 Message

June 3rd, 2021 05:00

While trying to launch Android Emulator i had the same issue with VT - it was greyed out (disabled).

Had to uninstall Hyper-V and reboot the machine. After reboot i had both options (screenshot) available.

Solution fixed the issue, still though - is there possibility to have Hyper-V installed and disabled somehow, so VT options will be available for any other applications (while Hyper-V is not running/active)?

Thanks for fix,
Thanks for reply in advance.

/Best regardsvirtual.PNG

No Events found!