Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2015 07:00

AppSync and Service Plans

We have AppSync deployed and have added RecoverPoint into the mix. What I would like to do is coordinate BookMarks so that we do a AppSync initiated VNX snapshot and then immediately replicate that to our DR site via RecoverPoint. I can't really see a way to do this other than create two separate Service Plans, one for the snapshot and one for the RecoverPoint replication. Problem with that is that they may not be exactly in sync (that may not be such a problem but need noting). The Gold template seems to want to use VNX technology to do the remote copy - is that true?

March 19th, 2015 08:00

What are you backing up? if it is something like Oracle / Sql, you may be able to try repurposing to make the first copy and then the second copy.

Gold plan I beleive uses RP for remote...the following is from the AppSync User Admin guide:

Create local and remote copy

— For Gold service plans, creates both local and remote copies (RecoverPoint bookmarks) on the target.

However, I think your 2 Service Plan solution may be the right thing.

8 Posts

March 19th, 2015 08:00

Thanks Jay,

It's actually file systems - we are replacing a DFS replication/VSS Snapshots (Previous Versions) solution.

It's weird really the two components (VNX snapshots and RecoverPoint replication) are there but it seems I cannot mix them in one service plan.

No Events found!