Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2016 22:00

Appsync 2.2.2.2 w/XIO - AIX 6.1 Hosts

Installed a new Appsync 2.2.2.2 server and successfully discovered XIO storage as well as AIX hosts - 1 Prod and 1 Mount Host.

Created a new Service Plan and subscribed a couple of filesystems from Prod host to it and configured to have the snapshots auto mounted on the mount host.

When the service plan triggered, I received the error.

"some of the logical volumes are more than 9 char in length.  mount of such filesystems is not possible on aix host there is a limit of 15 char per LV name"

True enough the LV was exactly 15 chars in length.  (Problem 1)

After this, I selected another LV with a shorter name to test, subscribed to the same plan and ran it once again.

Now I received a different error

"unable to find initiator or initiator group in XtremIO XXXX for the host ports iqn.localhost.hostid.xxxxxxxxx"

The mount host is zoned via FC to XIO and it seems like Appsync is looking for iSCSI initiators.  There is no iSCSI setup in the environment so how do I get around this? (Problem 2)

The service plan seems to be able to execute the snaps properly all the way to automating the mounting of the filesystems on the mount host.

82 Posts

March 7th, 2016 01:00

Regarding Problem 2, have you added the mount host's initiators to XtremIO? AppSync requires that all hosts have initiators so the snaps can be mapped. You should be able to manually map the snaps, as a testing process.

1 Message

July 6th, 2016 13:00

Hello LEONGD - Was Problem 2 ever resolved?  We are experiencing this same issue.  Thanks for any direction you can provide!

15 Posts

September 29th, 2016 00:00

Sorry for the late reply.  We never gotten round to having it work in Appsync.  In the end we had to write a RESTAPI script to run on the backup server to trigger the snapshots in XIO and refresh/rescan the mount host for backup.

No Events found!