Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 10th, 2011 11:00

Atmos 2.0 Announcement

Hi Guys -

I was very excited by the Atmos 2.0 announcement yesterday. The performance improvements sound fantastic!

For those who have not seen it: http://www.emc.com/about/news/press/2011/20110509-04.htm

One area I find very interesting is the new XAM and Centera API support.  Does anyone have any more details on exactly what capabilities/features of these interfaces are supported in the upcoming Q2 release?

Regards,

Mike

16 Posts

May 16th, 2011 15:00

Hi Mike,

Your assumption is correct, it will be possible to keep the content addresses the same.

It is a goal to eventually support retention of CAS objects, but there is no timeline currently set for that functionality.

Thanks,

Jason

222 Posts

May 16th, 2011 06:00

Mike,

I have asked Jason Brown, our Atmos CAS Product Manager, to help answer the question as well.

In the mean time --- the first release will support basic compliance mode using a native CAS access method on the Atmos platform.

Applications need to be minimally using version 3.1.544 of the SDK to work on Atmos CAS.

Raj

222 Posts

May 16th, 2011 07:00

Mike,

That's correct --- it will support Centera's Basic mode in the initial release.

Raj

208 Posts

May 16th, 2011 07:00

Hi Raj -

Thanks very much for the reply.

When you say 'basic compliance mode' do you mean the equivalent of Centera's Basic mode, where compliance settings for objects are not enforced?

Best Regards,

Mike

208 Posts

May 16th, 2011 08:00

Thanks Raj.   This brings up a related question.

There's no direct mention of this in the announcement, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making an incorrect assumption. Is it possible to migrate existing C-Clips from Centera over to Atmos while keeping their content addresses the same? Essentially moving to Atmos as a complete "forklift upgrade"  for Centera?

Assuming one can do this, and that the Centera data has retention settings embedded in the clips, would the retention settings be enforced in some future release of Atmos?

Best Regards,

Mike

208 Posts

May 16th, 2011 15:00

Hi Jason,

That's great, thanks for the info. Congratulations on the announcement too!

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

April 4th, 2012 11:00

Hi Jason,

Since Atmos is now part of BRS Division, is there any movement to migrate CUA+Centera to Atmos? I'm engaged to AGFA customers, who uses CUA to archive to Centera (AGFA PACS do not integrate to Centera via API) and I'm seeing that Atmos could eliminate CUA needs, which hasn't a good HA process.Thanks a lot.

November 5th, 2013 10:00

Is there any update on a timeframe for when we might see retention of CAS objects supported?  (I'm specifically interested in support via the use of the Centera API, if it makes a difference.)

Thanks.

409 Posts

November 5th, 2013 10:00

With the latest revision of Atmos 2.1.4 the Atmos REST interface can apply SEC compliant retention.  I don't know that this functionality will become part of Atmos CAS.

No Events found!