Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2010 14:00

Orphaned Listable Tags?

What should happen to listable tags when there are no longer objects using them?

I have some listable tags that are returned by getlistabletags() that have no objects returned when I query for the tag using listObjects().  These tags were previously in use, but the objects that were using them have since been deleted.

How do I get listable tags to stop appearing in getlistabletags() when they are no longer in use?

Jason Thornbrugh
Principal Solutions Engineer
GSC Demo Cloud

222 Posts

June 7th, 2010 12:00

Jason,

There's unfortunately no way to prevent a listable tag that no longer points to an object from appearing.

Raj

18 Posts

June 7th, 2010 14:00

Thanks.  That's really too bad.  I was hoping to use Listable Tags to store keyword data for objects.  However if the Listable Tags aren't removable when they are no longer in use, I can't tell which of them are still valid without running listObjects() for every tag returned by getListableTags(), and ignoring Listable Tags with no references.  Alternatively, I'll have to store the active tags in a DB.  If I'm going to the effort of using a DB, I may as well track the tags in the DB, and not use Listable Tags.

Jason Thornbrugh
Principal Solutions Engineer
GSC Demo Cloud

No Events found!