Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 08:00

xpath search API

Hello I was wondering if Xpath search API which has been mentioned at many discussions, has this being developed already?

I created an object using Namespace API and I want to query the cloud if this object exists and get a true / false or get the Object Id back.

I looked into queryObjects but it return '

The method specified in the request is not allowed for the resource identified.'

Thanks

222 Posts

March 9th, 2011 08:00

Unfortunately, all of the xquery related functionality is disabled in the lower-level Atmos REST API.  We're working on some other features that may be related to your use case.

Can you describe your use case so that we can understand your requirements better?

3 Posts

March 9th, 2011 13:00

We are creating objects in the cloud using the name space API. Since the name will be dynamically generated, we want to put a check in place by query the cloud whether the object already exists or not.

I am able to use tags as described in some of the articles to do listObjects. But I like to do the same thing using ObjectPath, otherwise I have to create unique tags for all the objects.

Even if readObject() returns an errorcode ( success or failure ) that will also serve the purpose. But readObject() returns nothing.

222 Posts

March 9th, 2011 19:00

Hello,

readObject() should return "The requested object was not found" if you attempt to read an Atmos object that does not exist.  Which wrapper are you using?

You can also use listDirectory() on an object of type ObjectPath to get a directory listing and verify that it exists this way.

Happy to elaborate or help provide another solution if needed.

Best,

Raj

No Events found!